The ECMA Code of folding carton design styles
woensdag 26 mei 2010ECMA proudly presents the 4th edition of the ECMA Code of Folding Carton Design Styles, the reference standard for cartonboard packaging designs and constructions.
This application is the first digital version of the “ECMA Code“. It allows users to explore and visualise the most commonly-used folding carton design styles and upload their own customised designs. It also provides a full explanation of the new coding system for carton design styles and provides access to other relevant industry reference standards.
After the previous editions in 1967, 1978 and 1992, the 2009 edition of the ECMA Code offers its users the following innovations:
- The ECMA designs of 1992 have been completely revised and updated.
- A new, 8-digit coding system has been developed allowing for more parameters to be included (a conversion table listing the old, 4 digit design codes with their corresponding new code number has been incorporated).
- Drawing symbols for lines have been introduced and set-up methods are specified (manual, automatic or –a combination of- both)
- Users of the system can view an animation of the folding sequence of the most commonly used ECMA design styles
- The interactive interface allows them to browse and search the catalogue by type of carton and market segment.
- All generic design drawings can be exported in a CAD-CAM-friendly format.
- Additionally, users can conveniently upload their own specific carton designs into the application to customise the application to their own needs
- At any point in the system, users can conveniently switch from one language to 5 others.
- The application contains an electronic library of relevant carton related industry reference standards in pdf format.