This article is not yet available in the language you selected
EggAn egg is a commonly used product in the food processing industry. With the word egg the chicken egg is meant. In the process descriptions below the commodity is always the chicken egg.
Eggs are rich in proteins, but they also contain a lot of fat. The fat is practically only located in the egg yolk. Eggs also contain high amounts off iron, vitamin A and D, riboflavin and thiamin. These amounts depend on the food of the chicken.
In the food processing industry eggs are commonly used because of the excellent properties:
- Coagulation of protein by heating, fixing of the structure
- Possibility to form a foam by beating
- Rising agent
- Thickening agent
- High nutrient value, source of protein
- Good taste
- Brown colour and shine at the surface by heating
- Several processing possibilities: cooking, frying, baking and beating